Friday, October 12, 2007

Uploading your websites

Dear my classmates:

I have learned how to host or upload my website and I would like to share these ideas with you.
1- You can host or upload your website by saving your website files in the same H/drive file in QUT /H drive / My webs but make sure that your files names are different from your webquest files.
2- If you would like to host your files in the World Wide Web there are some sites that provides a free service like Yahoo geocities:
http://geocities.yahoo.com/gcp/

Then sign in as a different user, then you will have an account.
3- Click on create a website/create and upload/your page Builder if you like to use their templates.
4- If you do not like their templates and you only want to host your own project follow these steps:
- Click manage - easy upload- click Browse and upload all the files. Make sure you have an index page and you have to upload all the files including pictures files. Then click on the page index and you will get the html page ,copy the link to your blog /wiki page etc.

Personally I upload my website project via QUT H/My webs but this is a good opportunity for you to experience hosting somewhere else.

Have fun
Zahran

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich man is rich man,
you are always great.
Billo is trying to do some editing on his website. He will be fine.

Yours is a good continuation of your webquest.

As a poor students, I can not give you insightful comments. Hopefully, you can understand.

Jennifer in Australia said...

Hi Zahran,

Thank you for sharing us som much information about how to upload our websites. They're really useful and helpful.

Jennifer

馮老師 said...

I like the assessment part. It's a very important part for students to do self-evaluation. Great point!

Cheers
Maggie

馮老師 said...

Hi Zahran

Thanks your valuable comments and spent time on testing my products. I haven't finished all your activities yet. I tried the Mix and Crossword part. You designed activities were highly related to your reading information. I prefer the crossword than mix because there is no timer there. Although I did well in mix that crossword (I got 4 right answers). You know why? The answer is - the timer make me stressful. I can't concentrate on my task. Finally I finished all the tasks on time and a bit earlier. Does it mean I am so smart? Hopefully, you said "yes". Will test other products later!

Cheers
Maggie

馮老師 said...

Hi Zahran

I think there is one minor typing mistake in the following sentence:

Marvellous Oman Activities is designed for EFl students

not EF1 -- EFL is correct

Overall, your website was inforamtive and attractive to your students. I think students are interested in learning the activities and reading information.

However, there are too many information for me to read in order to complete the activities. I forgot most of them.

I think the Tourism Vocabulary
Matching exercise is too simple for grade 12 students.

That's it!

Cheers
Maggie

Est said...

Hi Zahran,

I really liked your website. I was particularly impressed with the way the webpages layout. I found that your website was very easy to negotiate and inviting.

As I was doing the quzzies I found that I could do them without having read all of the websites. I could click on the hint button and I could figure out the answer.

What are your thoughts on this? I can see why the hints are there, but something that I am thinking about ie online quzzies is there validity. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Well done,

Esther

sofa said...

Hi
i would like to say thank you about this cool post, and this idea very helpful to me,
Thank You