Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Comments on My classmates' Websites

Hi there :

I have posted these comments to your blogs, hope they can help you in your reflection to your websites:

Comments on Maggie's website:

I really liked your website,it is really amazing. However I would suggest the following:
- You need to help student search by giving them some specific websites to read, You gave too many websites which may confuse the students.
- It is nice to give some animation but too many will distract students from focusing on doing activities.
- You can put some home buttons in your activities to make it easy for students to navigate in your website.
- I think you need to give some more clues for the crossword because I found it difficult, perhaps you need to give some statements to make it easy for students to answer.
Generally speaking, your website is effective , it is organized well, your tasks are purposeful.Just to bear in mind that the comments I gave are only suggestions and reflect my opinion.Therefore, it might not match yours, so think about them critically. Finally, I am looking forward for your critical reflection for my website.
Good Luck
Zahran

October 18, 2007 12:09 AM

Comments on Jennifer's Website:

Hi Jeniffer
Let me first congratulate you for your successful website. It seems clear that you spend sometime and you thought a lot before producing such successful activities. Having done all the activities I was really impressed of your nice website. The activities were really successful, the reading sites are also helpful and can help students to do the tasks. The instructions and hints can also scaffold students and assist them do the tasks. In general the layout , the design , the pedagogical ideas are well done.However,in my opinion I would like to give you some suggestions which might get you consider some aspects of your website:
First of all,I would say it would be better to give a button called home in each activity ,so that students can navigate easily from tasks to the home page, or buttons to link a task to the next one.
Second, In giving a title for each activity it would be better to give a title for each activity that also attract young learners. For example, Discover Christmas for vocabulary activity.
Third, I think it would be better to configure tasks with shuffle in configuration while producing the activities in the hot potatoes. This can help students to find the activity items in different order when they do the task again and again.
Fourth, There is a minor spelling mistake in the matching task " Scroll down and match".
Fifth, I would personally prefer to give students in year 6 a vocabulary activities with pictures because they are still young and this can attract students do the task better and make it more meaningful, i.e. you can still give them sentences but accompanying with pictures.
Sixth, In cross word tasks, I think you gave some times a question and the next question will answer it e.g In cross 2 and down 3 , the same for 1 down and 4 across.This will give students high guessing chances rather than challenging them do the task.It would be better to be consistent, either sentences or questions e.g it would be better to rephrase 7 down sentence and change the question which start with who into a sentence.
Overall, these are suggestions in order to improve this nice and lovely website.Wish you successful result and have a nice time in Tasmania.

Cheers

Zahran

October 25, 2007

Comments on Karen's Website:

HI Karen
I used the URL you sent me via e-mail to access to your website. I have tried the activities and have some comments that I hope that can hep:

First of all I like your website, in that it involves a variety of activities and intended to teach students about different language skills e.g listening and reading.I really like the gap-filling task where students have to listen and fill in the missing words. The topic of this website is interesting. You also designed the website in a very simple and clear way. However in my opinion I would suggest the following:
- I found a problem with the link you gave for your website in your blog though I used the URL you send via e-mail and I was able to access to your project.
-On the left hand of your website some suggested links to some sites but only two are accessible, others have no links.
-You build up your activities via the Masher, however only three activities are there in the index.
- I would rather ask students to reflect on their learning and assess themselves through writing some sentences rather than numerical rating scales.
- I could not figure out the aim of the slide shaw and video biographies, i.e would be better give some instructions that can help or a title.
- I want to ask you of what the aim of the list of words you gave in the filling gap activity, Could you add something to the instruction to make it clear for the users or the intended students( an instruction will help to know the aim).
-For the multiple choice task which ask students to choose numbers, I would rather give students distract ors involves dates e.g the year or the month, otherwise get students to read and reorder these pictures through drag and drop.
-For the mix up activities I would prefer drag and drop due to the feel that students play with like playing cards.

Overall, the above suggestion are just my opinion, I do not know what you think about. Overall, a good product. Well done!

Note: can you please post the comments you send via e-mail to my blog.

Cheers

Zahran

October 31, 2007 3:15 PM

Delete



No comments: